Numerous medical specialties, including urologist, pneumology, gynecology, gastroenterology, abdominal surgery, general surgery, and others, use electrosurgical techniques. Electrosurgery is the most popular surgical technique that is used in both invasive and non invasive procedures. Laparoscopic surgery has undergone a revolution thanks to the use of sophisticated electrosurgical tools and increasingly complex procedures. Electrosurgery is a technique that is commonly used in surgical procedures to lessen bleeding and quickly dissect soft tissue.
The market for electrosurgical devices in 2021 was USD 3.18 billion
and by 2030 it will be worth USD 5.25 billion, growing at a 5.73% CAGR during the forecast period.
The rising demand for sophisticated devices as a result of an increase in the prevalence of chronic diseases and surgical procedures like general surgery or neurological surgery, escalating awareness campaigns, and technological advancements leading to the introduction of novel products are the main factors propelling the global electrosurgical devices market.
- Electrosurgical devices are commonly used in minimally invasive surgical procedures, which have become increasingly popular due to their benefits, such as faster recovery times, reduced scarring, and less pain compared to traditional open surgery. As the demand for these procedures continues to grow, so does the demand for electrosurgical devices.
- There have been significant advancements in electrosurgical device technology, such as the development of bipolar electrosurgical instruments, which have improved safety and reduced the risk of complications during surgery. Additionally, the integration of electrosurgical devices with imaging technology, such as ultrasound or MRI, has improved precision during surgical procedures.
- The rising prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular diseases, and neurological disorders has led to an increase in surgical procedures, many of which require the use of electrosurgical devices.
- Electrosurgical devices are often expensive, which can make them less accessible to healthcare providers in developing countries or those with limited financial resources.
- Safety concerns: Electrosurgical devices can cause tissue damage or unintended burns if not used properly. This has led to concerns over the safety of these devices, particularly among patients and healthcare providers.
Emerging markets with high growth potential will offer the market lucrative growth possibilities. Additionally, complicated, high-tech equipment with high precision and dependability is needed for surgical operations like cranial surgery, spine surgery, and neurological surgery, among many others. These operations thus increase demand and promote market growth.
On the basis of product, the electrosurgical instruments and accessories segment ruled the entire market and will expand at a 7.28% CAGR during the forecast period. This is due to the greater use of electrosurgical tools and supplies, such as bipolar forceps, advanced vessel sealing tools, bipolar pencils, electrosurgical electrodes, and other monopolar and bipolar tools. Monopolar and bipolar electrodes are being use more frequently due to the rise in different surgical procedures, including cosmetic surgeries. For instance, approximately 11,363,569 surgical operations involving plastic surgery were carry out worldwide in 2019, according to the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (2019).
The general surgery segment held largest market position with significant revenue share. The segment’s significant impact is due to the aging population and the consequent rise in the frequency of different conditions, the rising number of surgical procedures, and the rising incidence of obesity.
The orthopedic surgery segment will expand quickly during the forecast period. Electrosurgery devices are use by orthopedic doctors to treat spine illnesses, sports injuries, infections, tumors, musculoskeletal trauma, and congenital diseases.
North America is the biggest regional market for electrosurgical devices. This dominance is due to the rising incidence of chronic diseases, the rise in cosmetic surgery, the expansion of regional research and development efforts, among other factors.
The regional market is expanding as a result of the rising incidence of chronic diseases, a rise in cosmetic, cardiovascular, and cesarean operations, as well as more product launches and clearances in the area. Per the Centers for Disease Control, heart disease was responsible for approximately 659,000 deaths in the United States in 2021. The use of electrosurgical devices is a common component of surgical procedures use to treat cardiovascular disorders. Which has raise demand for the market for these devices in the area.
- Covidien plc
- Smith and Nephew
- Boston Scientific
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Parkell Inc.
- Olympus Corporation
- Kirwan Surgical Products LLC
- Bovie Medical Corporation
- ATMOS Inc.
- Ethicon Inc.
The market for electrosurgical devices in 2021 was USD 3.18 billion and by 2030. It will be worth USD 5.25 billion, growing at a 5.73% CAGR during the forecast period. The electrosurgical devices market is expanding as a result of factors like rising geriatric population, rising incidence of chronic illness. And technical advancements in electrosurgical devices that make them safer and more effective.
Precision Medicine Market Report – The global precision medicine market will witness a robust CAGR of 11.5%. Valued at $65.22 billion
in 2021, and expected to appreciate and reach $175.6 billion by 2030, confirms Strategic Market Research.